Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Acceptance


Acceptance, sounds easy. Just accept what has happened and move on. Not so easily done in reality. Every Day I start my Day with the Serenity Prayer : God Grant me the Serenity to accept the things I cannot change, Courage to change the things I can and the Wisdom to know the Differance.

This Prayer has been around a hundred years or better . It has been said many times by many different People for many different Circumstances in Life. It fits my "everydays".



Having to Accept Brandy's Beloved Dog Zedd unexpected death,

Having to deal with my Father in Laws hospitalization for Renal Failure, hie Dementia. My Mother in Laws hopelessness.


All of that is hard to accept. That was last week.


... Grace to Accept the Things I cannot Change
That is a Hard one.." If I had only should'a, would'a , Could'a then things would be different. Well, what is done is done. The past is the past, it is over I find that when I am upset over something,it is a person, place or thing that is upsetting me. For some reason that person ,place or things is not what "I think they /it should be". If I sit back and realize everything happens due to a series of events. some out of my control, and that everything is exactly how it is meant to be at that moment. I have to accept that we all have choices, and I can only try to make the right choices for myself. Everyone one else responds in the way that they respond.If each Day I can say to myself " This is how it is ", and Accept it. the day goes Smoother.



... Courage to change the things I can
Whoa ! That means some action of some kind on my part. MY PART.. no one else's just my own. To be willing to be honest, to be open to a new way of viewing something or doing something different. the willing to react in a different way. To stop and think before we say or do something. Willing to do what is right, even if it is not easy in order to make a Change,however small and insignificant it may seem. One little action links to another little action, and another , and another till one day they all of a sudden are a very big action that you may have had just a little part in. But you still made a differance.



...and the Wisdom to know the Differance
Ah Wisdom ! The ever eluding to me Wisdom. It comes to me in little bits and pieces. Then about the time I "think I know it, I HAVE IT"... I realize that don't really know it all.I need to watch and listen a little more. There is always Something to learn.
The things to know what to walk away from, the ones to choose to become involved
with.The Wisdom to turn it over to God (as you understand God ), and say " I can't do this on my own"
~Breathe~ Breathe~ and Breathe some more. Sometimes just Healthy conscious breathing seems to be too much. Relax~ Relax~ Relax~ start relaxing each muscle of your body one at a time, being mindful of just how it feels. Just do your best. When you do your best, it may not be perfect, but life is a Process, a journey which everyone of us is on at our own individual pace. We are all trying to reach the top of the mountain, the view just looks different to everyone, the scenery is never exactly the same.That is ok.



Acceptance, Serenity, Courage, and Wisdom that is my wish for you this day.
<3 Mary Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment